In Your Car
• Keep your car in good running condition. Make sure there's enough gas to get where you're going and back.
• Always roll up the windows and lock car doors, even if you're coming right back. Check inside and out before getting in.
• Avoid parking in isolated areas. Be especially alert in lots and underground parking garages.
• If you think someone is following you, don't head home. Keep driving in well-lighted areas and if you have a cell phone; call the police or drive to the nearest police or fire station, gas station or other open business to get help.
• Don't pick up hitchhikers. Don't hitchhike.