Bus and Subway Safety Tips
• Use well-lighted, busy stops. Stay alert, and don't doze or daydream.
• If someone harasses you, don't be embarrassed. Loudly say, "Leave me alone!" If that doesn't work, hit the emergency device.
• Watch who gets off with you. If you feel uneasy, walk directly to a place where there are other people.
• Plan to wait for trains in well populated areas not alone on the arrival platform.
• Hold purses, bags, backpacks, wallets, etc. in front of you when standing on a crowded train or bus to deter pickpockets.