Psi Chi is the Psychology Honors Society. The application deadline for this semester is October 17, and application information is available here.
You should apply to Psi Chi if you can answer YES to all of these questions:
- Are you are a Psychology Major or Minor?
- Have you have completed three full semesters at NU?
- Do you have a minimum overall GPA of 3.00 at NU?
- Do you have a minimum Psychology GPA of 3.00 at NU?
- Have you completed six (6) Psychology courses (minimum of 24 credit hours)?
Okay, so I meet those criteria. But why should I apply for Psi Chi?
There are many good things about being a Psi Chi member. Let me highlight what I think are the most important reasons : first, it identifies you as serious about the study of Psychology, and shows that you have performed in a superior way in your Psychology courses. It looks good on resumes when you apply for jobs after graduation, or for Psychology graduate school. It is good for networking. And there is typically a fun induction event for all who are able to become members!
Have questions? Please email the Psi Chi faculty advisor, Prof. Baker, at email@example.com.