Important information for registration: Guidelines on Closed and Restricted Classes
Which Psychology Department advisor should I see? How do I schedule an appointment to see a Psychology Department advisor? Ask yourself the following questions to help decide whom you should see for advising in the Psychology Department.
Do you fit into any of the following groups?
- Honors Program Your advisor is Dr. Isaacowitz. Email him to ask questions or schedule an appointment (email@example.com).
- Combined Major in Education & Psychology Your advisor is Dr. Snyder. Email her to ask questions (firstname.lastname@example.org), or contact the Psychology Office (617-373-3076) to schedule an appointment with her.
- Combined Majors in Linguistics & Psychology, Computer Science & Cognitive Psychology, Information Science & Cognitive Psychology or American Sign Language and Psychology Your advisor is Dr. Pearlmutter. Email him to ask questions or schedule an appointment (email@example.com).
- Interdisciplinary Major in Behavioral Neuroscience Your advisor is Dr. Zee. Email her to ask questions or schedule an appointment (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Are you looking for information on a specific topic?
- Clinical Psychology Our clinical specialist is Professor Cisewski. Email her to ask questions (email@example.com), or contact the Psychology Office (617-373-3076) to schedule an appointment with her.
- Cooperative Education in Psychology Our Co-op Advisors are Ms. Charlotte Lam (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mr. David Merry (email@example.com). Email your advisor to ask questions or schedule an appointment.
- NU Core requirements, evaluation of transfer credit, or other College or University requirements The College of Science Advising Office is the correct contact for questions of this nature. Information about their advisors and how to contact them is available here.
- The Experiential Education Requirement Our Experiential Education advisor is Dr. Cohen. Email him to ask questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Psi Chi National Psychology Honors Society The Psi Chi advisor is Dr. Reeves. Email him to ask questions or schedule an appointment (email@example.com).
- PsyClub The psychology club advisor for the fall semester is Dr. Cisewski. Email her to ask questions (firstname.lastname@example.org). In the spring, Dr. Coley (email@example.com) will be serving in this capacity.
- Pre-Med The Pre-Med advisor is Dr. Jackson. Email her to ask questions or schedule an appointment at (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Pre-Law For information on pre-law studies, please visit the program’s website.
Is your question something that other students might also be wondering about?
If so, Dr. Quinn (Head Advisor) will answer all questions as promptly as possible.
If none of these apply:
To schedule an advising appointment with a faculty advisor, contact the main Psychology Department Office at 617-373-3076, or stop by 125 Nightingale in person. If there is a particular faculty member you would like to meet with, feel free to ask to see this person. If not, there are a variety of advising times available throughout the week, and you can choose a time that’s convenient for you. If you’re making an appointment to discuss graduation clearance, changing your major to Psychology, course equivalents for study abroad, or other specific issues, please let the office staff know, so that they can direct you to an advisor best able to work with you.