The Training Core has established the program of activities with the intent of meeting the following goals:
- Enabling trainees to understand and integrate the problems and concepts of health impacts assessment of contaminated systems, contaminant detection, fate and transport, exposure routes, remediation, and information management;
- Developing trainee competence in the applied research methods underlying core activities;
- Advancing trainee technical, professional and personal skills/knowledge/attitudes to motivate and prepare them for successful careers in these fields;
- Providing opportunities for our trainees to participate in and contribute to CEC and RTC activities;
- Promoting environmental health fields to underrepresented populations through recruitment activities; and
- Serving as a resource for the RTC for training opportunities to the greater SRP community.