Are you interested in learning more about how the work PROTECT is doing applies to you, your family, and your community? Please take a look at the links below for information about:
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Webpage on Superfund Program
The U.S. EPA is a federal government agency charged with protecting human health and the environment.
- EPA Map of Superfund Sites in the United States
- New York Times Superfund Information
- March of Dimes Information on Preterm Birth
The MoD is a non-profit that looks to reduce the preterm birth rate. See the 2012 preterm birth report here.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Information on Preterm Birth
The CDC is a federal government agency charged with protecting public health and safety.
Groundwater and Drinking Water Resources
Chlorinated Solvents: this group of chemicals includes trichloroethylene (TCE), which is a specific chemical that PROTECT is studying
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Webpage on TCE in drinking water
- What is TCE? Information Sheet produced by the University of Arizona
Phthalates: this group of chemicals includes di-2-ethylhexyl phthalate (DEHP), which is a specific chemical that PROTECT is studying
Please visit the karst information page here.