October 21-24, 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
For more information on the 2012 Superfund Research Program Annual Meeting, visit their website.
Project leaders, core leaders and students represented the PROTECT program at the Superfund Research Program Annual Meeting during the 25th Anniversary of the SRP. Several PROTECT students had oral presentations, including Celys Irizarry, who presented on the results of her K.C. Donnelly externship award, and David Cantonwine, who presented on some of the recent findings from Project 3. PROTECT trainees and investigators also presented 11 posters at the meeting:
- Liza Anzalota et al: Sociodemographic Profile Of A Pregnancy Cohort To Assess Environmental Risk Factors For Preterm Birth In Puerto Rico: February 2010 – August 2012
- Ali Ciblak, Songhu Yuan, and Akram Alshawabkeh: Effects Of Anodic O2 On Pd-Catalytic Hydrodechlorination Of Chlorinated Solvent In Groundwater Using Cathodic H2
- Noé Crespo et al: Recruitment Of A Pregnancy Cohort To Study Environmental Risk Factors For Preterm Births In Puerto Rico
- Noushin Fallahpour, Songhu Yuan, and Akram Alshawabkeh: Pd- Catalytic Hydrodechlorination Of TCE Using Cathodic H2 In A Circulated Electrolytic Column At High Flow Rate And Current
- Kelly Ferguson: Gestational Urinary Phthalate Metabolites In Relation To Preterm Delivery: Preliminary Findings From A Case-Control Analysis
- Reza Ghasemizadeh et al: Environmental Data Analysis, GIS Mapping, And Groundwater Modeling In The North Coast Karst Aquifer Of Puerto Rico
- Iman Hassan and Rita Loch-Caruso: Induction of oxidative stress and activation of inflammatory pathway by the trichloroethylene metabolite S-(1,2-dichlorovinyl)-L-cysteine in extravillous trophoblast cells in vitro
- Luis Rivera et al: Biological Monitoring Of Trace Metal Exposure In Whole Blood Samples During Different Stages Of Pregnancy In Puerto Rico
- Lauren Tetz and Rita Loch-Caruso: Mono-2-Ethylhexyl Phthalate Increases Synthesis Of Bioactive Prostaglandins In Human Gestational Cells And Tissues
- Norma Torres Torres et al: Groundwater Contamination In The Karst Aquifer Of Northern Puerto Rico And Its Relation To Drinking Water Quality
- Yuanyuan Yao: Discovery Of Xenobotics Associated With Preterm Birth
The PROTECT Executive Committee along with several other researchers and staff members met on the Saturday and Sunday before the meeting began. Saturday night was a team outing at the North Carolina State Fair!