We are looking for families to participate in our longitudinal study.
Who can participate?
- Families living in Massachusetts
- Children between the ages of 8 and 60 months
- Children with and without developmental delays or disabilities
- A parent or caregiver
What will happen?
- The parent/caregiver will play with his/her child for 30 minutes with our toys.
- A research assistant will videotape this natural playtime.
- The professional will score the play activities as they occur.
- The research assistant will then
- Give a brief screening test to the child and
- Ask the parent/caregiver questions about the child, the family, and activities at home.
- The child will be re-assessed every six months until he/she reaches 60 months of age.
Total time for each round of assessments: about 3 hours (may take more than one session, depending on the child’s needs)
Where can I participate?
We plan for the observations to take place in a convenient location:
- Your home
- Your child’s program or school
- Your child’s childcare setting
What will I receive for participating?
- An educational toy for your child
- A $10 gift card
- A description of your child’s development in play.
How can I sign up to participate, or get more information?
Please contact the Project Play staff for more information about participating!