This Section provides links to relevant publications and unpublished resources that should be of interest to you. Some of the links will take you to external websites (e.g., Journal of the American Medical Association) and resources (e.g., ADEA Guidelines for International Clinical Experiences) while other links will prompt you to open or download journal papers and topical newspaper articles (like the New York Times).
If you find an item on your own that would be of interest to others, please send specific information to the PreHealth Advising Program and, if appropriate, it will be added to the Virtual Library.
- Life Math, Marion Bishop, MD, PhD., JAMA. 2007;298(3):266-268.
- Dog-Eat-Dog World of Applying to Medical School, Tamara Livshiz, NY Times, July 22, 2009.
- Hospital Infections, NY Times editorial, November 12, 2006.
- The Application Process – Be a Professional, University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, June, 2008.
- AAMC Guidelines for International Clinical Experiences, February, 2011.
- ADEA Guidelines for International Clinical Experiences, June, 2010.
- BETTER A surgeon’s notes on performance, Atul Gawande. Henry Holt and Company, 2007.
- COMPLICATIONS A surgeon’s notes on an imperfect science, Atul Gawande, Henry Holt and Company, 2002.
- Yale University School of Medicine Commencement Address, May 2010 – Donald M. Berwick, MD, MPP
- Understanding Translational Research Joseph Madsen. Vector: Boston Children’s Hospital’s Science and Clinical Innovation Blog, September 21, 2010