Whether you are now just beginning to explore medicine as a career or whether you have already completed the first steps and are committed to your journey, it is important for you to self-enroll in the PreHealth Advising Program so that you become known to us and join our e-mail list. Please visit the Medical Applicant Portal (MAP) on your myNEU account and to declare your interest in medicine. You will be asked to read a PDF introduction to all health professions and provide us with information about yourself and your goals.
After you set up your account, make sure to review requirements for a committee letter, and to spend some time on the PreHealth Website reviewing what Professional Programs look for in applicants.
- Exploring Medicine/Shadowing Health Professionals
- Seeking Research and Medically Related Experiences
- Community Service Opportunities/Service-Learning
- Information about Obtaining Letters of Evaluation
- Preparing for the Health Professional School Admissions Exam
- Self-Assessment Guides for First-Time Applicants and Re-Applicants
- Time-Line to the Health Professional School Application
- PreHealth Advising Program Committee Letter Eligibility Requirements
- Post-Application Guidelines and Information
If you have already obtained a MAP account, congratulations! Be sure to bookmark the PreHealth Website in your primary browser and visit MAP and the PreHealth Website whenever you have questions about your planning or preparation. If you cannot find what you are seeking, please set up an appointment with a PreHealth Advisor or come to see one of us during posted Walk-In Periods.
Be sure to update and assess your academic and experiential portfolio on MAP regularly to gauge your progress towards your goal!
Are you an Undergraduate or a Graduate/Post-Bacc student?
Before you leave this Section, please be sure to review the specific message that pertains to you and achieving your future goal – to become a healthcare professional.