Begin your journey
Do you how many different careers in healthcare are listed at ExploreHealthCareer.Org?
More than 100 healthcare-related careers!
We encourage you to go to ExploreHealthCareeers.org and do just that – explore! Make sure that you are making a knowledgeable decision. Do you know what an Art Therapist does? An Animal Behaviorist? A Nuclear Medicine technologist? A Perfusionist? A Graduate Surgical Assistant? A Physician Assistant? These professions are only represent only a few careers among all those listed at Explore Health Careers.org.
Do you know what type of health career would be best for you?
Visit ExploreHealthCareer.org for a series of thoughtful questions for you to review and to answer honestly.
Are you ready to plan and prepare for a career as a physician, dentist, optometrist, podiatrist, or a veterinarian?
- If the answer is NO, you may want to go back to explorehealthcareers.org and/or visit the Northeastern Office of Career Services.
- If YES, please continue.
What should I do next?
- Look for summer internships and other experiences.
- Get out into the real world and find out if a career as a health professional (or any other career) is right for you.
- Volunteer at local hospitals, clinics, and/or shelters.
- Thinking about shadowing a health professional to see how they spend their days, and what they think about at work. Read the new AAMC guidelines
For more information about preparing for careers in the following fields of medicine, click one (or more) of the links in the Exploring Medicine Section. Each of the pages in the Exploring Medicine Section has links to valuable resources outside of Northeastern University: healthcare professional organizations, application services, admissions exam websites, and more.
If you need help finding summer internships or additional opportunities like community service, hospital volunteering, or other experiences, please visit the Student/Applicant Pages at this website.