- Congratulations to Stefan on his wedding to Sandra in New York.
- Lab outing – afternoon on the Fens– We had a nice picnic on the Fens to celebrate Bianca’s birthday, and to wish her farewell as she headed off to Portugal to start her PhD studies in chemistry. Thai takeout, volleyball, and some much-deserved chill time! Good luck, Bianca!
- 2010 Fall ACS meeting in Boston — The group presented three posters (photos below) on the TrypDAC (Cheri), TbrPDE (Helen), and TbrAUK (Stefan) programs, and TrypTOR (Josie), and Caitlin gave an excellent talk on the TrypTOR project in the General Med Chem papers on Thursday afternoon. All were well received and garnered attention from a number of people. Great work representing the team!
- March 26th Research group outing. A stunning performance by Caitlin Hubbard at King’s Back Bay left the entire research team wondering whether she missed her calling as a professional bowler.
- On March 24th: The Pollastri group made a strong showing at the 2010 Northeastern Research and Scholarship Expo, with posters for each of the four neglected disease projects underway.” add pictures from the Expo:
- Research lab has been established! During the week of August 24th, we began unpacking our new lab, and started chemistry on Friday, the 27th. New research group membership includes Cuihua (Helen) Wang (postdoc), Caitlin Hubbard (postdoc), Stefan Ochiana (2nd year graduate student), Matt Stevenson (senior undergraduate) and Mike Russo (middler undergraduate).