Public Affairs Intern – HCG
Approximate Deadline: September 2012
HCG is a full-service public affairs firm specializing in delivering measurable results that advance the strategic imperatives of our clients. We are a well networked bi-partisan firm with staff that has worked on both Democratic and Republican Presidential election campaigns and on races for both parties in states across the country. Areas of expertise include grassroots mobilization, third-party outreach and coalition building, and event planning.
- Internships are designed to provide professional development and real-world experience in public affairs and communications.
- Assignments vary but will include conducting online research relating to clients and client issues, drafting press releases and letters to elected officials, gathering information on target organizations, proofreading, and assisting with logistics for events.
- Opportunities to participate in company meetings and events.
- A minimum of 20 hours per week (flexible schedule).
- Commitment for a minimum of one semester (spring, summer or fall)
- Currently pursuing BA/BS degree (minimum of Sophomore standing)
- Excellent written communication and research skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Prior experience in one or more of the following: social media, interaction with media, event planning, local/state/national campaign experience
Interested Candidates Should Possess
- Exceptional listening skills, realizing the importance of thoroughly understanding an assignment and effectively completing each task in a timely fashion
- Maturity, professionalism, and patience
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
Send cover letter, resume, and one page writing sample to email@example.com.
This internship is unpaid and located in Washington, DC.