Political consulting firm seeks part- or full-time interns in Boston, MA
Approximate Deadline: December 2012
A newly formed progressive/Democratic political consulting firm in Boston is seeking fall interns. Our firm is casual, fun, and small, offering interns the chance to have their hand in many different issues and campaigns at once. Located in the heart of downtown, the firm is at the center of all things Massachusetts politics—and so will you be. The firm works with dozens of clients with an eye toward the November 2012 elections, from candidates to advocacy campaigns. However, we also work year-round on government relations between our business clients and Beacon Hill.
We take seriously the idea of an internship as a learning experience. As an intern, you’ll be exposed to the inner workings of local politics—meeting movers and shakers, being privy to inside strategy, and navigating the state’s more-complicated-than-it-gets-
* Research projects on the issues and/or people we work with
* Serving as liaison between clients and principals
* Planning and attending events
* Drafting high-level memos and emails
* Traveling out into the field
* General office tasks
Intern qualifications include:
* Current college student
* Interest in politics, government, campaigns, and/or government affairs
* Availability to work at least 15 hours a week (full-time preferred)
* Ability to multitask and stay organized under pressure
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral
* Knowledge of/background in Massachusetts politics is helpful but not required
* Proficiency in NGP/VAN, Sage, and/or LexisNexis is also helpful but not required
Interns will be paid a monthly stipend for transportation, and, if applicable, we will work with your school to get you internship credit.
To apply, please send the following materials to Nathaniel Rakich at email@example.com:
* Cover letter
* At least two references
* Writing sample (length is up to you)
Thank you in advance for your application, and feel free to contact us with any questions.