Areas of Study
Legislative Politics, Public Policy, Methodology
- Keith E. Hamm, Ronald D. Hedlund and Stephanie Shirley Post. “Committee Specialization in U.S. State Legislatures during the 20th Century: Do Legislatures Tap the Talents of Their Members?” State Politics & Policy Quarterly. September 2011 11: 299-324.
- “Measuring State Legislative Committee Power During the 20th Century: Change and Chamber Differences,” Keith E. Hamm, Ronald D. Hedlund and Nancy Martorano, State Politics and Policy Quarterly, Vol. 6, No. 1, Spring 2006, pp. 88-111.
- “Electoral Reforms, Membership Stability and the Existence of Committee Property Rights in American State Legislatures,” Peverill Squire, Keith E. Hamm, Ronald D. Hedlund and Gary Moncrief, British Journal of Political Science, Vol. 35, January 2005, pp. 169-181.
Selected Professional Activities
- Professor, Northeastern University, 1996-Present
- Vice Provost for Research and Graduate Education, Northeastern University, 1996-2004
- Vice Provost for Research and Service, University of Rhode Island, 1989-1996
- Senior Consultant, Yardley Research Group (Higher Education Practice), 2004 – present
- POLS 7201- Methods of Analysis
- POLS 2399- Research Methods in Political Science
- POLS 2350- State and Local Politics