Denise M. Horn
- Globalization and International Affairs; Transnational Activism and Advocacy; U.S. Foreign Policy; International Organizations; Global Corps Practicum (India, Thailand, Brazil and South Africa); International Affairs Senior Capstone; Gender and International Relations; Democratization and Governance
- Transnational Activism, Feminist International Relations, International Relations Theory, Democratization and Civil Society
- 2010. Women, Civil Society and the Geopolitics of Democratization. London: Routledge. Forthcoming, February 2010.
Refereed Journal Articles
- 2005. “Constructing Agency: US Foreign Funding and Gender Identity in Moldovan Civil Society,” Journal Transitions, Centre d’etude de la vie politique, Universite libre de Bruxelles, Winter 2005-06.
- 2008. “Setting the Agenda: US and Nordic Gender Policies in Estonia,” International Feminist Journal of Politics, March.
Chapters in Books
- 2009. “Boots and Bed Sheets: Constructing the Military Support System in a Time of War,” Gender, War and Militarism, Laura Sjoberg and Sandra Via, eds., forthcoming.
- 2003. “Feminist Approaches to International Relations,” Encyclopedia of Government and Politics 2nd Edition, Mary Hawkesworth and Maurice Kogan, eds. London: Routledge 2003.
Published Conference Reports
- 2003. Baltic Regional Security Challenges Conference Report. Washington, DC: Women in International Security, Georgetown University. www.wiis.georgetown.org.
- 2003. The Northern European Initiative: Conference-Workshop Report. Columbia International Affairs Online. www.ciaonet.org
Works in Progress
- 2009. “The King and I: Thailand’s Nationalist Project and the Development of Thai Democracy” in progress.
Department of Political Science
301 Meserve Hall
Boston, MA 02115