Areas of Study
U.S. Politics and Public Policy, Environmental and Food Policy, Regulatory Policy, Science, Technology, and Public Policy.
- Editor, Governing Uncertainty: Environmental Regulation in the Age of Nanotechnology. Resources for the Future / Earthscan Press, 2010.
- D. Guber and C. Bosso, “Past the Tipping Point? Public Discourse and the Role of the Environmental Movement in a Post-Bush Era,” in Environmental Policy: New Directions for the 21st Century, 7th ed., Norman Vig and Michael Kraft, eds. CQ Press, 2009: 51-74.
- S. O’Donnell, R. L. Sandler, and C. Bosso, “Emerging Technologies: Nanotechnology and Regulatory Regimes,” in The Nanotechnology Food, Drug, Cosmetic and Medical Device Regulatory Guide, The Food and Drug and Law Institute, 2009: 195-204.
- R. Sandler and C. Bosso, “Tiny Technologies, Enormous Implications,” Issues in Science and Technology, Summer 2007.
- Environment, Inc.: From Grassroots to Beltway. University Press of Kansas, 2005. Lynton Caldwell Award for best book in environmental politics and public policy, awarded by the Science, Technology, and Environmental Policy Section of the American Political Science Association.
- With W.D. Kay, “A Nanotech Velvet Revolution? Issues for Social Science Inquiry,” STEP Ahead, the Newsletter of the Science, Technology, and Environmental Policy Section, v. 3, no. 2 (Fall 2005): 2-4.
- With Deborah L. Guber, “Maintaining Presence: Environmental Advocacy and the Permanent Campaign,” in Environmental Policy: New Directions for the 21st Century, 6th Ed., Norman Vig and Michael Kraft, eds. CQ Press, 2005: 78-99.
- “Rethinking the Concept of Membership in Nature Advocacy Organizations,” Policy Studies Journal, v.31, no.3 (August 2003): 397-412.
Selected Professional Activities
- President, New England Political Science Association, 2007-2008http://www.neu.edu/nepsa
- Director, Nanotechnology and Society Research Group Group http://nsrg.neu.edu
- President, Pi Sigma Alpha, the National Political Science Honorary Society 2004-06.
- Chair, Department of Political Science, 1995-2001.
Recent Courses Taught
- POLS 7203- Techniques in Policy Analysis
- POL G328 Case Studies in Policy Analysis
- POLS 7333- Science, Technology, and Public Policy
- PPUA 7225- Open Classroom: Policy Advice to the Governor
- PPUA 7673- Capstone Project in Urban and Regional Policy