Mike Nichols for Boston City Council District 8 Internship
Approximate Deadline: November 5th, 2013
Michael Nichols’ campaign is looking for civic-minded students who would like to gain political experience by volunteering or interning with the campaign. The work will involve social media, event planning, and voter outreach throughout District 8, which includes Mission Hill, Fenway, Kenmore, Back Bay, Beacon Hill, and the West End.
Nichols’ campaign has stood out thanks to substantive conversations about the issues that matter most to District 8 voters, including college students. They would like to personally engage each and every voter in the District between now and November 5th, and are in need of as many interns and volunteers as possible to spread the word!
If you are interested in interning or volunteering with the campaign, please email NicholsforBoston@gmail.com. Feel free to include any information you feel is relevant, such as your resume, political experience, and upcoming availability.
Mike’s policy priorities:
- Fighting for more affordable housing
- Establishing late-night public transit
- Supporting more quality public schools in District Eight
- Supporting our parks/open spaces and our arts community
- Addressing access issues & elder services
- Providing top-notch city services
- Fostering job creation & innovation through sensible policies that impact small businesses and entrepreneurship
- Research Director to the full Boston City Council
- Member of the ONEin3 Advisory Council, which develops policies to retain young professionals in the Boston area
- Formerly Chief of Staff & Legal Counsel to State Senator Linda Dorcena Forry
- Formerly Legal Counsel to the Massachusetts House Committee on Bonding, Capital Expenditures, and State Assets
- Elected member of the Board of Directors for the Audubon Circle Neighborhood Association
- Adjunct Professor of Law & Political Science at two local universities
- Founded a small real estate company which specializes in affordable housing in Boston
To learn more about Mike’s policy positions and experience, please visit MichaelJNichols.com.