Internship for the re-election of Congressman John Tierney
Approximate Deadline: November 2012
Exciting Internship Opportunities Available!
One of the most competitive congressional races in the nation is seeking campaign interns for the Fall of 2012. Interns will be a part of the exciting re-election campaign of Congressman John Tierney and will have the advantage of working closely with and learning from top senior staff members on a daily basis.
Interns will help with:
· Staffing events
· District wide voter contact tactics and volunteer outreach
· Data Research
· Event Organization
· Assisting the campaign’s communications efforts
Our ideal candidates are determined, bright and enthusiastic. This internship is a serious commitment and interns will learn the ins and outs of a successful campaign, fundraising techniques and how to
efficiently use campaign software. This is a great way to break into politics!
While previous campaign experience is not necessary, intern qualifications include:
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
· Ability to work in a fast-paced office
· Personal discipline and the capability to work independently on projects
· Time Management skills
· Dedication to the campaign
· A passion for electing Democrats
· Strong interpersonal skills
The campaign will review and respond to applications on a rolling basis, so applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 978-531-2533.