Intern for Massachusetts Women’s Political Caucus
Approximate Deadline: ASAP
About the MWPC:
Founded in 1971, the mission of the Massachusetts Women’s Political Caucus, a nonpartisan membership organization, is to help recruit, train and elect more qualified, pro-choice women to public office. The MWPC is a non-profit, women-run grassroots organization and the state affiliate of the National Women’s Political Caucus. They have many opportunities for you such as the projects listed below, and campaign work.
Goal of the Massachusetts Women’s Political Caucus Internship Program is to provide the interns with a positive learning experience within the modern women’s political movement. Interns work on the ongoing programs and administration of the MWPC under supervision of the Associate Director. Internships are tailored to best suit the student’s needs, be it for a resume listing and/or a college credit requirement. Internships are available every semester throughout the year and during the summer months.
Intern Responsibilities Include:
- Help coordinate events and conferences (Tribute to Abigail Adams, Good Guys Awards, Campaign Leadership Training, Annual Board Meeting, etc.)
- Oversee mailing of invitations, draft letters and correspondence
- Help secure speakers, contact vendors and advertisers, and assist in the coordination of logistics for fundraising events
- Maintain and update the donor database
- Attend MWPC Networking Events
- Assisting in Board/Committee meeting preparation
- Prepare informational articles and updates for the MWPC Blog & Twitter/Facebook for distribution to over 2000 recipients
- Maintain and update the membership database
- Help gather research/information
- General office administration—filing, answering phones, greeting office guests, preparing meeting materials, etc.
MASSACHUSETTS WOMEN’S POLITICAL CAUCUS POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE endorses candidates and assists them by providing strategic advice, funding, organizing of the member/supporter list, press releases, and volunteers to phone bank and hold signs.
- Assist women candidates by working on a campaign
- Coordinate MWPC efforts on behalf of endorsed candidates
- Maintain and update the PAC membership database including email and general mailing lists
- Research Skills—internet and phone/email inquiries
- Personable, outgoing, detail-oriented, organized
- Strong communication skills—written and verbal
- Microsoft Office skills
- Must work well with others
- Sense of humor
- Sense of responsibility and commitment
To apply please visit http://www.mwpc.org/get/internships.php (or MWPC.org, Get Involved, Internships) to fill out an application. Then e-mail resume and cover letter, regarding why you are interested in interning with the MWPC and what you hope to learn and achieve in your time with them, to Jessica@mwpc.org.