Green Transportation Communications Internship for Green Street Initiative
Approximate Deadline: December 2012
Green Streets Initiative (GSI), a Cambridge-based nonprofit involved in promoting sustainable and healthy transportation, is seeking a Communications Intern for the fall semester and beyond. GSI coordinates Walk/Ride Days, held on the last Friday of every month, on which individuals are encouraged to leave cars behind and use car-free forms of transportation instead.
In this role, you will support communications efforts for Walk/Ride Days and its current participants (i.e., corporations, retailers, schools, et cetera). Responsibilities include:
- Manage GSI social media communities (Facebook, Twitter, Fourquare, et cetera)
- Monitor Walk/Ride Day check-ins
- Compose Green Streets’ monthly e-newsletter
- Assist with other duties where necessary, sometimes during the evening or on weekends.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Genuine interest in, and enthusiasm for, the GSI mission
- 1+ years work experience in related field
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency with a variety of computer programs
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with the corporate, retail, educational, public health and sustainable transportation environments of Cambridge, Boston, and surrounding communities.
- Capacity to work offsite with own computer
- Outgoing personality and ability and interest in traveling car-free.
Hours: 15-20 hours per week, not including holidays.
Compensation: $500 – $700 Stipend
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and 2 other writing samples to Director, Green Streets Initiative, firstname.lastname@example.org.