The following are several links to applications, forms, and information manuals of interest to current and prospective students of our three graduate programs.
Information about Graduate Programs
- Graduate Programs General Regulations Booklet and Information
- CSSH Graduate Program Information for Political Science and Public Administration
- Graduate Student Program Guide 2013-14
Applications for Admission
- New Students- All interested new students must apply online through our Graduate School. Information on applying and a link to the application can be found here, northeastern.edu/cssh/graduate/admissions.
- Plus-One- If you are an undergraduate Political Science major interested in the Plus-One program for the MA or MPA program, you will be able to find information here.
- Internal Admission Process- If you are a current Non-degree, MA or MPA student and you are looking to apply to a different program within the department (most often MA to PhD), the necessary form can be found here.
Program Curriculum Sheets
Other Forms and Applications
- Graduate Petition Form- Should be included with any special requests related to graduate studies within the department
- PhD- Comprehensive Exam Preparation Guide 2013- For PhD students who’ve completed or are near completing coursework. Make sure to petition to sit for the exam by submitting a formal petition.
- PhD_Dissertation Proposal Guidelines-For PhD candidates to be used in their first semester of candidacy as a general guide to aid in the creation of a Dissertation Proposal.
- MA Thesis Proposal Guidelines-For MA students to be used prior to enrolling in the Thesis Course [POLS 7990] as a general guide to aid in the creation of a Thesis Proposal. [due 3 weeks prior to the semester]
- Conference Funding Proposal Instructions- The Department maintains a small fund to assist graduate student participation in or attendance at professional meetings. Funding is available to all graduate students, with priority given to doctoral students offering papers. [You must first apply for funding from the Graduate Student Senate.]