Fundraising/Development Internship for Green Streets Initiative
Approximate Deadline: December 2012
Green Streets Initiative (GSI), a Cambridge-based nonprofit involved in promoting sustainable and healthy transportation, is seeking a Fundraising/Development Intern for the fall semester and beyond. GSI coordinates Walk/Ride Days, held on the last Friday of every month, on which individuals are encouraged to leave cars behind and use car-free forms of transportation instead.
In this role, you will work with GSI to expand and sustain sponsorship and partnerships with community corporations, retailers and institutions. Responsibilities include:
- Research, cultivate and maintain sponsorship leads and contacts
- Create content and formatting for presentations and proposals various sponsors
- Assist the Board in developing budgets and long-term development plans
- Speak at area schools to explain the GSI mission and cultivate student ambassadors/volunteers
- Assist with other duties where necessary
Qualified candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Genuine interest in and enthusiasm for the GSI mission
- 1+ years work experience in related field
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency with a variety of computer programs
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Familiarity with the corporate, retail and educational environments of Boston, Cambridge, and surrounding communities
- Capacity to work offsite with own computer
- Outgoing personality and ability and interest in traveling car-free.
Hours: 15-20 hours per week, not including holidays.
Compensation: This position is currently an unpaid internship, with the caveat that, as funds are raised, the intern will be compensated based on GSI sponsorship acquired.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and 2 other writing samples to Director, Green Streets Initiative, email@example.com.