Communications Intern- HCG
Approximate Deadline: September 2012
HCG is a full-service public affairs firm specializing in delivering measurable results that advance the strategic imperatives of our clients. We are a well networked bi-partisan firm with staff that has worked on both Democratic and Republican Presidential election campaigns and for clients on a wide variety of issues. Areas of expertise include crisis communications, media training, branding, drafting letters, articles, and speeches, media placement of articles and interviews.
- Internships are designed to provide professional development and real-world experience in communications.
- Assignments vary but will include conducting media scans and online research relating to clients and client issues, drafting press releases and letters to elected officials, gathering information, and proofreading.
- Opportunities to participate in company meetings and events.
- A minimum of 20 hours per week (flexible schedule).
- Commitment for a minimum of one semester (spring, summer or fall)
- Currently pursuing BA/BS degree (minimum of Sophomore standing)
- Excellent written communication and research skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Prior experience in one or more of the following: journalism, social media, interaction with media, local/state/national campaign experience
Interested Candidates Should Possess
- Exceptional listening skills, realizing the importance of thoroughly understanding an assignment and effectively completing each task in a timely fashion
- Maturity, professionalism, and patience
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
Send cover letter, resume, and short (one page) writing sample to email@example.com.
This internship is unpaid and located in Washington, DC.