Business Development and Outreach Intern for Green Streets Initiative
Approximate Deadline: December 2012
Green Streets Initiative (GSI), a Cambridge-based nonprofit involved in promoting sustainable and healthy transportation, is seeking a Business Development and Outreach Intern for the fall semester and beyond. GSI coordinates Walk/Ride Days, held on the last Friday of every month, on which individuals are encouraged to leave cars behind and use car-free forms of transportation instead.
In this role, you will work to expand and sustain GSI’s presence in core Boston, Cambridge, Somerville area neighborhoods. The goal of this position is to help Green Streets integrate exciting Walk/Ride Day competitions, collaborations and celebrations into the fabric of the community. Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with Green Streets’ Director, city coordinators and graphic designer to develop programs, approaches, and collateral.
- Represent GSI in the community.
- Assist with other duties where necessary, sometimes during the evening or on weekends.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Genuine interest in, and enthusiasm for, the GSI mission
- 1+ years work experience in related field
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency with a variety of computer programs
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with the corporate, retail, educational, public health and sustainable transportation environments of Cambridge, Boston, and surrounding communities.
- Capacity to work offsite with own computer
- Outgoing personality and ability and interest in traveling car-free.
Hours: 15-20 hours per week, not including holidays.
Compensation: $500 – $700 Stipend
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Director, Green Streets Initiative, firstname.lastname@example.org.