Administrative Intern at the Office of Ayanna Pressley
Approximate Deadline: December 2012
As an intern in Councilor Pressley’s office, you will have first-hand experience in the workings of city government, including learning about the Council’s legislative process and constituent services.
Intern responsibilities will include assistance with general office administration such as;
- Answering constituent calls
- Assisting with the day-to-day management of the Councilor’s schedule
- Processing letters of support and resolutions
- Supporting staff on special projects and policy research, as needed.
- Attending City Council, community, and other meetings, as appropriate
- Filing and managing incoming mail.
Successful candidates will have:
- Excellent telephone etiquette, communication and organizational skills, as well as
- excellent verbal and written skills;
- Desire to learn and professionally grow;
- General computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint;
- Respect for details; ability to execute accurately at a high level without excess
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced environment that demands all staff and interns
value and contribute to all tasks of the office;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; and
- An appreciation and commitment to uphold high standards of professionalism,
compassion, and confidentiality of sensitive matters.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and short writing sample to Jackney Prioly, Director of External Relations, Jackney.Prioly@cityofboston.gov