Academy for Educational Development Internship Program
Approximate Deadline: January 2013
AED is one of the world’s foremost human and social development organizations. An independent nonprofit organization, AED is committed to solving critical social problems through education, research, training, social marketing and policy analysis.
The internship program at the Academy for Educational Development was established to:
* Enhance AED’s ability to attract students of academic excellence as potential full-time employees;
* Aid in the development of a multicultural workforce by focusing on attracting candidates from historically diverse institutions of higher learning.
Undergraduate and graduate student interns are given the opportunity to:
* Acquire an insight into the types of programming within an organization focused on global education and communication technology;
* Gain substantive work experience;
* Develop a realistic understanding of the education and experience required at different levels of responsibility within AED and similar organizations.
Duration: 1 year – 2 years, 6 months – 1 year, Summer
Location: Africa, Asia, Europe, International, Latin America and the Caribbean, U.S. Midwest, U.S. Northeast, U.S. South, U.S. West, Washington, D.C.
Focus Area: Children & Youth, Education, Environment, Government / Policy / Politics, Health, Research