Ph.D.: January 15, 2014 for Fall 2014 admission
MS: June 1, 2014 for Fall 2014 (Students needing a visa should apply as early as possible).
The Graduate Committee will select applicants from amongst those who meet the following criteria:
- A baccalaureate degree or its equivalent in biology, chemistry, medical technology, pharmacy, chemical engineering or a related field.
- At least two semesters undergraduate courses (or their equivalent) in each of the following: mathematics (including calculus), biology, physics, and organic chemistry.
- A minimum (undergraduate) grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00 or better.
- A high score in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for students whose native language is not English, or whose baccalaureate education was at an institution where English was not the language of instruction (suggested score: 100 internet with 22 spoken. The written or computer-based exam is no longer accepted.
- A high score in the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). This test must be taken within the last five years. Specialty subject GRE’s are not required. (suggested score: 305 on the scale introduced in 2013, or 1100 on the older scale).
Admissions are for the fall semester only.
Note: Applicants with deficiencies in their baccalaureate courses may be admitted to the MS Program and allowed to take undergraduate courses at Northeastern University concurrently with certain graduate courses. Students admitted with deficiencies must remove them within the first year of graduate study. Applicants for the PhD Program must meet all admission requirements.
Applicants for the Ph.D. Program must meet all admission requirements. An MS degree is not required.
Applicants for the Master of Science Program can request full or part time study (an I-20 visa requires that a student be full time). The Ph.D. Program is full time only.
The ETS code for the Bouve College of Health Science Graduate Office is #3629.