Now that you have secured your place at Northeastern, the next step is to attend Orientation. Orientation is a mandatory one-day program for all incoming transfer students and Veterans. You’ll meet your fellow classmates, get to know campus, and learn the ins-and-outs of life at Northeastern. We have a dynamic staff of current students who serve as Orientation Leaders throughout your program. These students will help you make a smooth transition and get acquainted with all Northeastern has to offer. You’ll also meet your academic adviser, talk about your academic goals, and register for classes.
Move-in: Wednesday, January 6
For those students assigned on-campus housing (9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.)
Parent/Family Orientation: Thursday, January 7
Parents and family members of transfer and freshman students are invited to participate in the one-day Parent/Family Orientation program. Parent/Family participation is optional, but encouraged. This one-day program will conclude around 3:00 p.m.
Student Orientation: Friday, January 8
This is a mandatory one-day program for transfer students and Veterans.
Welcome Week: Friday, January 8–Friday, January 15
Following Orientation you will experience Welcome Week: a week dedicated to new students in which we provide an array of academic and social programs, and a host of opportunities to explore and experience the campus and community.
A Sampling of Sessions:
- Academic Welcome, Academic Advising, and Registration for Classes
- Red Black One Pack: Athletics
- Dining Services & Husky Card Options
- Make Your Mark: Center for Student Involvement
- WELCOME HOME: Housing & Residential Life and Office of Student Conduct & Conflict Resolution
- Health and Wellness: University Health and Counseling Services and Office of Prevention & Education at Northeastern
- And plenty of social activities for you to meet your fellow classmates and friends!
Check-In Times and Location >>
Thursday, January 7, 7:00-7:30 a.m., Curry Student Center, Indoor Quad
Transfer Student Check-In
Friday, January 8, 7:15-8:00 a.m., Curry Student Center, Indoor Quad
Download Our App >>
The Northeastern Orientation & Parent/Family Programs app is your guide to making the most out of your time at Northeastern University. Access the guide to Student Orientation, Welcome Week, and Parent & Family Weekend.