|If you are a Fall Transfer student, please visit this page for more information.||Fall Transfers|
Session L/M: Tuesday, September 1 – Wednesday, September 2
This is the final session for full-time, undergraduate, Freshman students only.
It is mandatory for all students who begin in the fall to attend a two-day Orientation session before they start at Northeastern. You’ll meet your fellow classmates, get to know campus, and learn the ins-and-outs of college life. We’ve got a great staff of current students who serve as Orientation Leaders throughout your program. These students will help you get acquainted with all Northeastern has to offer. You’ll meet your academic adviser, talk about your academic goals, and register for classes. Student Orientation also includes the opportunity to have two complimentary guests participate in the Parent Program, which runs simultaneously to the Student Program. For a checklist of what to bring, see our essentials page.
This is a time for you to get to know your new home—so come, have fun and get to know Northeastern!
A Sampling of Sessions:
- Academic Welcome, Academic Advising, and Registration for Classes
- Athletics and Husky Spirit
- Dining Services & Husky Card Options
- Diversity Session: Stepping Up and Stepping In
- Global Opportunities
- Make Your Mark: Center for Student Involvement and Activities Fair
- Residential Life and Office of Student Conduct & Conflict Resolution
- University Health and Counseling Services
- And plenty of social activities!
Early Arrival Option >>
Early arrival does not apply to this session.
Check-In Time and Location >>
On Tuesday, September 1, student check-in will take place at 7:00 am in the Robinson Quad (outside of the Curry Student Center by Robinson Hall). Guest check-in will take place in the Curry Student Center, lower level. A continental breakfast will be provided.
International Students >>
In addition to participating in the New Student Orientation that precedes the start of the semester, international students are also invited to take part in a comprehensive introductory program hosted by the International Student and Scholar Institute (ISSI). Activities include cultural enrichment programming, information sessions, immigration advising, regional excursions, intercultural/diversity education seminars, and workshops on topics ranging from academic success to student life. For more information, visit northeastern.edu/issi.
- Monday, August 31: Move-in, along with the International Student & Scholar Institute (ISSI) Airport Welcome.
- Tuesday, September 1 – Wednesday, September 2: Mandatory New Student Orientation, includes academic advising and class selection. Tuesday, check-in takes place at 7:00 am in the Curry Student Center for students and guests.
- Thursday, September 3: International Student & Scholar Institute Orientation .
Click here for August 31 move-in information.