Myths About Marijuana
Marijuana is the second most used substance at Northeastern and on college campuses nationwide, so what do you really know about the green stuff? Take our quiz to find out!
|"Marijuana is natural, it can't be that bad for you."||True||False|
|"THC (the active component of marijuana) is stored in body fat and lingers longer in your system than most drugs."||True||False|
|"Today's weed is not any stronger than what was available in the 1960's."||True||False|
|"Pot makes sex more enjoyable because it relaxes you."||True||False|
|"Marijuana is a 'gateway drug'."||True||False|
|"Question 2 passing in Massachusetts (decriminalizing possession of an ounce or less of marijuana) means I'll just get a fine if I'm caught smoking."||True||False|
- 6 correct: Professor - you should definitely check out the Peer Leadership link about doing peer-to-peer drug education!
- 4 or 5 correct: Graduate Research Assistant - you certainly know your stuff, but aren't ready to teach a class just yet.
- 3 correct: Teaching Assistant - you could teach some students a thing or two about the realities of marijuana
- 2 correct: Student - you have some studying to do before the final.
- 0 or 1 correct: New Admission - Welcome to Northeastern! You have a lot to learn.
Did you know?
There are actually NO countries that have legalized marijuana (nope, not even the Netherlands). In fact, only thirteen countries have decriminalized marijuana nationally or view marijuana use or possession of small amounts as a 'low priority crime' (the U.S. is NOT one of them).