Although not the largest group of drugs used by college students generally or Northeastern students specifically, drugs such as cocaine, LSD, mushrooms, speed, ecstasy, heroin, and inhalants are nonetheless used by students.
To learn more about individual drugs, click on the links below.
- Cocaine, including crack
- Amphetamines, such as speed and crystal meth
- Hallucinogens, such as LSD, mushrooms, and PCP
- Opiates, such as heroin and opium
- Designer Drugs, such as MDMA (ecstasy)
- Inhalants, such as glue, gas, and solvents
Did you know?
The term 'clean freak' originates from observations of people using speed or crystal meth. One of the common and most visible symptoms of using amphetamines is obsessive behavior, notably, incessant cleaning while high.