Reducing Your Risk
Making deliberate decisions is key to reducing your risk.
The safest option is to avoid alcohol altogether, however if you do make the decision to drink, there are some ways to reduce your risk:
• Keep track of the number of standard drinks you have. Set a drink limit before starting and try to stick to it.
• Eating before or while drinking will help slow down the rate of intoxication. It can also help reduce the effects of a hangover.
• When you’re out, stay with friends and look out for one another. Set a predetermined meeting place in case you get separated.
• Take a break between drinks. Alternate alcoholic with non-alcoholic beverages.
• Mixing alcohol and drugs of any kind will likely intensify the side effects of both and can be fatal.
For more information, check out our alcohol brochure.