Master of ScienceNonprofit Management
Economic challenges, reductions in public spending, and the threat of privatization are just a few of the most pressing issues facing nonprofit organizations today. To succeed in this demanding environment, these organizations require executives who not only possess an in-depth knowledge of fundraising, marketing, program development, and governance, but who also offer strong leadership, managerial, and interpersonal skills.
To meet this need—and to accommodate the busy schedules of working professionals—Northeastern University’s College of Professional Studies offers the online Master of Science in Nonprofit Management degree program. Integrating theoretical approaches with practical applications, this master’s degree program is designed to impart the skills and knowledge needed for success in this demanding and uniquely rewarding field. The program’s online format provides a level of flexibility and interaction that more than equals the educational experience delivered in a traditional classroom.
- Explore the leadership practices that contribute to organizational success
- Understand legal and governance issues specific to nonprofit organizations
- Master essential fundraising skills, including grant and proposal writing
- Learn to recognize important social, organizational, and cultural change agents
- Discover traditional and nontraditional ways to promote nonprofits to supporters, the public, and the media
- Analyze national and international trends, issues, and political shifts affecting the nonprofit marketplace