Master of Science Information Assurance Online
Admission to the Master of Science in Information Assurance program requires:
- A bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of basic information technology concepts and mathematics
- To ensure an adequate background, students are expected to have taken courses or have experience in introductory computer systems and discrete mathematics. If students do not have this preparation, their advisers will assign the necessary prerequisite courses.
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is highly recommended for applicants to the MS in Information Assurance program who would like to be considered for financial assistance. A combined GRE score of 1100 and writing score of 3, or a TOEFL score of 250 CBT/100 IBT, is recommended. English tests may be required of international students when they arrive on campus.
Additional Requirements for International Students
International students must submit official scores on the TOEFL examination and a Declaration and Certification of Finances (DCF) form (if applicable).
All applicants must submit:
- A completed application form
- Three confidential letters of recommendation
- The application fee of US$50
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
The following items must accompany the application:
- A recent professional resume listing detailed responsibilities in each position
- A written statement of purpose,career orientation, and expected outcomes and benefits from the program
- Admission is granted upon the recommendation of the program's Graduate Admissions Committee after a review of complete application materials.
Send all supplemental application material to:
College of Computer and Information Science
360 Huntington Ave.
202 West Village H
Boston, MA 02115
Attn: Graduate Director