Master of Science Corporate and Organizational
Northeastern’s MS in Corporate and Organizational Communication is designed to provide you with the skills, knowledge, and experiential learning opportunities required to succeed in a dynamic field.
Incorporating the case method, research into the latest communication trends, interactive learning formats, and experiential learning opportunities, this program addresses complex communication challenges—providing students with a distinct advantage in today’s competitive marketplace. The curriculum also reflects the transformational impact of social technologies on the communication patterns of employees, customers, investors, and other audiences.
Your instructors have real-world communication experience in the private and nonprofit sectors. They have practiced what they teach.
The curriculum has three components: Core required courses, concentrations, and experiential learning electives.
The curriculum’s core courses focus on foundational skills and knowledge, crafting impactful messages using a wide range of media, and a strategic perspective on the ways communication supports organizational performance.
You will select a concentration – Social Media, Public Relations, Human Resource Management, Project Management, Leadership – that aligns with skills in demand in the profession.
And whether you are a full-time or part-time student, on-campus or online, you can apply the knowledge and skills you gain in the program in an unparalleled variety of experiential opportunities – the hallmark of a Northeastern University educational experience. These include:
- A “traditional” Northeastern co-op placement for full-time students in the Boston area
- An online “co-op at work” experience in which you can design a project initiative in your own workplace
- International field study experiences involving interdisciplinary teams collaborating on real-world projects
- An opportunity to engage in a short-term online consulting project with a sponsor in the private or nonprofit sectors and overseen by a faculty member.
Unique Opportunity for PR Professionals with an Accreditation in Public Relations:
Why consider a Northeastern master’s degree in corporate and organizational communication? Because we recognize the knowledge and competencies you have demonstrated by earning the APR. As a result, APR holders have the unique opportunity to accelerate through the Master of Science in Corporate and Organizational program by applying this credential in exchange for transfer credit.
Successful applicants with the APR:
- Will receive 12 quarter hours of transfer credit – a 20% saving in tuition
- Will be able to earn a master’s degree by completing 12 courses, rather than 15
- Will enjoy the convenience of a totally online, interactive curriculum
Contact us today for more information by completing the form on our page.
Upon successful completion of the program, you should be able to:
- Design a strategic approach to a wide range of communication challenges based on stakeholder analysis and a systematic planning methodology
- Craft and deliver messages – with a heavy emphasis on digital media – that can influence the attitudes and behaviors of internal and external audiences in a wide range of organizational scenarios
- Measure and assess the impact of communication methods and channels to help achieve organizational performance objectives