Master of Education Higher Education Administration
This online Master of Education program with a specialization in higher education administration program focuses specifically on the issues facing administrators at colleges, universities, and other institutions of higher education. These include everything from changing student demographics and financial concerns to the impact of e-learning and for-profit education. Equally important, this master’s degree also trains candidates in the management and interpersonal skills necessary to provide solid guidance and direction while balancing the needs of faculty, students, and parents.
The program’s online format also provides a first-hand look at the way Internet-based education compares to traditional classroom-based learning—as well as the more flexible scheduling required by many students with professional or family commitments.
- Examine the need for new educational models
- Assess the structure, governance, and operations of institutions of higher education, as well as the roles and functions of various administrative positions and offices
- Review collaborative approaches to improving curriculum development and delivery
- Explore the legal issues affecting institutions of higher education, including regulations on privacy, reporting, admissions, and financial aid
- Examine real-world case studies to gain a better understanding of best practices at different institutions
- Develop strategies for building inquiry and application pools, improving student retention, targeting specific populations, and positioning the institution in the market
- Analyze the latest trends and technologies used in distance education