Services for International Students and Scholars


Massachusetts State links

U.S. Government links

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security(DHS) is the U.S. umbrella agency for maintaining national security. 

  • Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS), another branch of DHS, concerns itself with the benefits of immigration, including regulations for international students and scholars to work in the United States.

The U.S. Department of State (DOS) interacts with international students and scholars

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is the U.S. tax collection agency. Please see information for Current Students.  The Social Security Administration issues Social Security Numbers and cards as described in the Employment Resources page.