Dean Nancy Hanrahan, Northeastern University School of Nursing Rebecca Love, NP, Northeastern University School of Nursing
Congratulations! You are on the path toward the first-of- its- kind Nurse Practitioner Entrepreneurship conference July 13 and 14, 2017 in Boston, hosted by Northeastern University School of Nursing in collaboration with a small group of very determined nursing leaders. This 1 ½ day program includes 12.25 Contact Hours and alternates heavy-hitter panels and companion interactive break-out sessions facilitated by the panel experts. This is not a clinical conference. This conference is for NPs who want to grow their understanding of the business side of health care, regardless of their work setting.This conference is also about convincing NPs that there are nurse-led business models out there with their names written on them. And doing what it takes to transform NPs into Entrepreneurs!.
- Explain why there is now urgency—and new opportunity– for nurse-led care practices as sustainable business operations
- Discuss the immense implications of CMS’s imminent shift from Fee For Service to Value-based payments for nurse-led practices
- Articulate a value proposition benefiting consumers and payers that gives NPs businesses the confidence to compete in the healthcare marketplace
- Explore tactics that create sustainable NP business operations
- Build a community of, and institutional support for, like-minded nurse-led business owners
These 1 ½ days are deliberately designed to present big ideas, and then drill down in small breakouts to the challenges in making those ideas work in the real world. So:
- Our keynote panel topic is The NP as Market Disrupter, featuring experts from the Federal Trade Commission, Deloitte Consulting and Duke University presenting a message of hope for nurse-led practices trying to fill a primary care physician vacuum. But at the breakout level, the NP can explore: “How am I a Disrupter? And how can that be good for me?”
- In the closing match-up of Day One, panelists include a vocational coach and NPs who have personally taken the plunge into business ownership. The facilitated breakout makes this personal through a readiness assessment exercise.
As you’ll read, our agenda speaks to many areas in addition to what being a market disrupter means, and assessing personal readiness: creating a business model that fits the target population and situation, and of course, how to maximize payment. The host of heavy-hitter faculty are a dynamic and engaging group of presenters with much to offer—and a burning desire to share.
Sharing is the last takeaway. Right now there is no network of NP-led practice owners— no pre-fab Old Boys Network to turn to for help solving a problem, for a vendor recommendation, for an externship opportunity, for a mentor. On Day One you will meet peers that share your world for good and for bad. On Day Two we begin Network creation. We look forward to the day when we say: “It is created, it has financial and operational support, it is accessible. And it is good.”
Some important factoids: Northeastern is seeking 12.25 Contact Hour for the entire 1 1/2 day curriculum. Overnight housing is available on Northeastern’s Boston campus. All that is missing is YOU!
FREE FOR NORTHEASTERN FACULTY AND STUDENTS!
$595 Two-Day Registration Fee for Public
$295 Registration Fee for Non-NEU Nursing/NP Students
$295 Registration Fee for Northeastern Alumni
$299 One-Day Registration Fee for Public (Choose Thursday OR Friday)
Northeastern Conference Housing
Room Types and Pricing:
Semi-private single – $75/night (semi private indicates shared bathroom)
Semi-private double – $60/night (semi private indicates shared bathroom)
Single and Double Accommodations: Northeastern University offers enhanced semi-private single and double accommodations in fully air-conditioned state-of-the-art residence halls. Rooms are equipped with twin-sized bed, desk, chair, dresser and closet. Linens are provided for all participants. All buildings have complimentary Wi-Fi. Rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Linen Service: Beds will be made-up upon arrival to include 1 flat sheet, 1 fitted sheet, 1 pillow with pillowcase, and 1 thermal blanket. Additionally, participants will have 2 bath towels, hand towels, and a face cloth. Northeastern’s state-of-the-art residence halls offer air conditioning, laundry facilities, secure access control and 24-hour proctored front desks as well as complimentary Wi-Fi internet. All bedrooms have windows with standard mini-blinds.
Here’s what happens during a NURSE PRACTITIONER ENTREPRENEURSHIP CONFERENCE Weekend:
- Dean Nancy Hanrahan, Northeastern University School of Nursing
- Rebecca Love, NP, Northeastern University School of Nursing
Joyce Knestrick, NP, AANP President-elect
- Joyce Knestrick, NP, AANP President-elect
Moderator: Sandy Berkowitz, RN, JD Tara Koslov, Federal Trade Commission Barak Richman, Fuqua School of Business at Duke Sara Larch,...
Creating a Practice Model Panel Moderator: Wendy Wright, NP, Wright & Associates Family Healthcare Mike Lawler, NP Sharon Katz, NP,...
- Moderator: Wendy Wright, NP, Wright & Associates Family Healthcare
- Mike Lawler, NP
- Sharon Katz, NP, Collaborative Care
Assessing Your Market Fit Moderator: Pamela J Jones, University of Colorado Denver Lyron Deputy, NP, Delaware Sleep Centers Lori Crews,...
- Moderator: Pamela J Jones, University of Colorado Denver
- Lyron Deputy, NP, Delaware Sleep Centers
- Lori Crews, NP, Vanderbilt Health System
- David Hines, Metro Nashville Public Schools
Networking Facilitator: Christine Meehan, University of Connecticut School of Nursing Co-facilitator Lynn Rapsilber, NP, NP Business Consultants
Facilitator: Christine Meehan, University of Connecticut School of Nursing
Co-facilitator Lynn Rapsilber, NP, NP Business Consultants
Getting Paid Moderator: Lorraine Bock, NP Jon Harris Shapiro, Continuance Health Solutions Nancy Nager, MSN, SBSC Inc. Wendy Wright, NP,...
- Moderator: Lorraine Bock, NP
- Jon Harris Shapiro, Continuance Health Solutions
- Nancy Nager, MSN, SBSC Inc.
- Wendy Wright, NP, Wright & Associates Family Healthcare
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
$595 for the day
Includes 12.25 Contact Hours and lunch
For students, there is no charge for this event, but pre-registration is required.
Date & Location
Date: July 13th 10:30-6:30 and July 14th 7:00am-5:30pm
Location: Northeastern University, Boston
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Primary Contact Information
Rebecca Love RN, MSN, ANP
Bouvé College of Health Sciences
102 Robinson Hall
Boston, MA 02115