VoiceThread is a collaboration space where you can upload images, documents and videos and have group conversations around them. Students can participate by text, audio, video or phone.If you aren’t familiar with VoiceThread, take a look at this example.
Now VoiceThread is an enterprise tool. This means that instructors and students can go directly to https://neu.voicethread.com and login with their MyNEU credentials. If an instructor had an account previously, it may prompt the user to “merge” accounts to upgrade. We recommend that you do this.
HOW TO USE IT
- Overview of the new VoiceThread (video)
- VoiceThread in 30 seconds (video)
- Complete Guide – takes you from step A – Z (document)
- Create a VoiceThread (video)
- Share a VoiceThread (video)
- Complete Sharing Guide (document)
- Create a Group (document)
- Doodling with VoiceThread (document)
- Best Practices for Creating a VoiceThread Presentation (video)
- Comment on a Voice Thread (document)
- Login Guide for Students (document)
- Add Captions (document)
- Accessing VoiceThread with a Screen Reader? Try VoiceThread Universal
VOICETHREAD MOBILE APP
The VoiceThread Mobile app allows you to create, comment, edit, and share your VoiceThreads from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch. The app is available in the iTunes App store.
WHAT INSTRUCTORS ARE DOING WITH IT
Be the first one to tell us how you’re using Voice Thread in your teaching. Send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll post the details. Thanks.
Information for students: Because some students will have accounts created already, they will have to merge their free account with the enterprise version. Include this guide in your course.