VoiceThread is a collaboration space where you can upload images, documents and videos and have group conversations around them. Students can participate by text, audio, video or phone.If you aren’t familiar with VoiceThread, take a look at this example.
Students and instructors can use VoiceThread directly in Blackboard, or they can go directly to https://neu.voicethread.com and login with their MyNEU credentials. If an instructor created a VoiceThread account previously, it may prompt the user to “merge” accounts to upgrade. We recommend that you do this.
WHAT INSTRUCTORS ARE DOING WITH IT
Dr. Chris Unger talks about using VoiceThread in his Ed.D hybrid and online courses.
HOW TO USE IT
Begin by creating your VoiceThread from Blackboard especially if you’re new to the tool. Create a Voicethread, link to it from the appropriate course area and set it up to be graded. This will automatically link the VoiceThread to the Blackboard Grade Center. If you’re experienced in creating and using VoiceThreads, you can continue to create and deploy VoiceThreads in your course as you have been.
- Using VoiceThread within Blackboard (video)
- Adding a VoiceThread through Blackboard (document)
- Information about building an assignment and grading an assignment (document)
- Overview of the new VoiceThread (video)
- VoiceThread in 30 seconds (video)
- Complete Guide – takes you from step A – Z (document)
- Doodling with VoiceThread (document)
- Best Practices for Creating a VoiceThread Presentation (video)
- Comment on a VoiceThread (document)
- Login Guide for Students (document)
- Add Captions (document)
- Accessing VoiceThread with a Screen Reader? Try VoiceThread Universal
VOICETHREAD MOBILE APP
The VoiceThread Mobile app allows you to create, comment, edit, and share your VoiceThreads from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch. The app is available in the iTunes App store.
VOICETHREAD SUPPORT PORTAL
Links to Share With Your Students: Because some students will have accounts created already, they will have to merge their free account with the enterprise version. Include this guide in your course.