Kaltura is a powerful video sharing service that works directly in Blackboard and will allow you to upload videos, capture your screen/lectures/instructor perspective and record from your webcam. The Kaltura video player is very robust and will allow your media to be easily viewed on all major browsers and on an iPad, iPhone, or Android device.
Kaltura Personal Capture is the newest version of the recorder and is now available in Blackboard for download.
Please note: The desktop video recording tool Kaltura CaptureSpace Lite will no longer be supported by the vendor starting June 1, 2019.
Faculty can request automatic captioning for their Kaltura videos. The Ordering Captions Instructor Guide provides step-by-step assistance on how to order captions. For more information and answers to FAQs about captioning, read the Requesting Captions FAQ article.
HOW TO USE IT
The following Kaltura how-to articles can also be found on the Blackboard support portal.
- First Time User Guide for CaptureSpace- Getting Started
- Capture Space User Guide (for instructors and students)
- How to record a presentation from start to finish (A good resource for students)
- Record a video (document)
- Use My Media Repository (document)
- Upload existing media into your course (document)
- Create video clips/trim video (document)
- Request captions for your recorded video (document)
- Add Kaltura Media to Your Course (document)
- View Media Gallery Analytics in Kaltura (formerly Course Media Reports) (document)
- Use Course Media Gallery/Featured Media Gallery in Kaltura (document)
- Get a Link to a Video (document)
For more information, visit the Kaltura University tutorial site.
ARTICLE FOR REFERENCE
From the journal Internet and Higher Education: Borup, J., West, R.E., & Graham, C.R. (2011). Improving online social presence through asynchronous video.