Getting Started: Setting Up Your Course
NU Online Course Availability Policy
When can I access my upcoming course? How long will my course be available after the term ends?
Read the NU Online Course Availability policy for Blackboard. | Document
Course Setup in Blackboard
- Copy a Course Into a New Course Shell Document | Video
- Clean Up a Course You Copied Document | Video
- Set Up Your Course (How to Copy Folders) Document | Video
- Review the NU Online course prep checklist Document
For any questions on the course setup process, contact your instructional designer.
Course Formats (Online, Blended, Hybrid)
How are online, blended, and hybrid courses set up? | Course Formats Video
- Online: Offers flexibility of an asynchronous, instructor-led course in which students complete course work from anywhere at any time within a given week.
- Blended: Combines weekly classroom and online work in the same week and is an intensive 6-week format.
- Hybrid: Alternates between classroom and online sessions each week.
For more information on developing your online, hybrid, or blended course, read the NU Online Best Practices Guide.
Frequently Used Forms & Templates
- NU PowerPoint Template- (PPT 1)
- Discussion Board Grading Rubric- (Download the Discussion Board Rubric Excel spreadsheet)
- College of Professional Studies (CPS) syllabus template (document)