Kaltura Captioning How To and FAQs
How do I order captions?
To learn more about how to order captions for your videos:
Do I have to edit the captions?
Why is captioning important for our students?
- Helps improve literacy and retain material
- Allows students the option of searching the text in captioned videos to find particular segments
- Provides increased usability for everyone
- Helps those who are learning English as a second language
- Provides access to the material while watching in a noisy environment
How will I know if my video has been submitted correctly or if it has been captioned?
You can see your pending captioning requests by selecting your video from My Media and clicking on Actions>View Captioning Requests. Note that the captioning will be done automatically within the timeframe selected (48 hours, 7 days). View the Ordering Captions Instructor Guide for a screenshot and more information.
Who should I contact for help with captioning?
- For questions on getting started with captioning, please contact your instructional designer.
- If you have submitted captions and notice issues with quality or have questions on your submission, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.