UPDATE: Please be advised that Camtasia Relay will no longer be available as of July 15, 2016 as we transition to Kaltura CaptureSpace Lite. In addition, we will be retiring our Screencast.com account, where older (recorded before 2014) videos have been stored.
What does this mean for your previously recorded videos?
- Since Fall 2014, any videos created using Camtasia Relay are already on Kaltura. These will remain as is. You will still be able to access these videos, and no action is required.
- Videos recorded prior to Fall 2014 using Camtasia Relay have been hosted on Screencast.com. Along with Camtasia, we will be retiring our Screencast account. If you have any Screencast.com links in your course, these will no longer be accessible as of July 15th. If you would like to keep this content, please contact your instructional designer to discuss the reusability of these videos and the possibility of moving these videos to Kaltura.
Camtasia Relay is desktop capture software. Camtasia Relay captures whatever is displayed on your desktop along with your voice as your narrate over your slides, a document, an image, etc. Camtasia Fuse App for iPhone and Android allows you to create on-the-spot videos and upload them from your phone to the Relay server. Camtasia Relay and Fuse can be used in a variety of ways to enhance your online, hybrid or blended course.
Faculty: You may have difficulty recording with Camtasia Relay on a computer with the latest update to Mac OS Yosemite (10.10.5). The issue is being researched by the vendor, but please note: to use Camtasia Relay, you will need to use a computer that is not running Yosemite 10.10.5.
WHAT INSTRUCTORS ARE DOING WITH IT
Take a look at how instructors are using Camtasia Relay.
- Example 1: Overview of Syllabus | Provided by Mara Acel-Green (Video)
- Example 2: Feedback on Assignment | Provided by Joe McNabb (Video)
- Example 3: Welcome Tour of Course Site | Provided by Terrance O’Neil (Video)
Questions or looking for ideas on how to use Camtasia Relay in your course? Contact your instructional designer.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD & USE CAMTASIA RELAY AND FUSE (Free Versions)
||CAMTASIA FUSE APP FOR IPHONE/ANDROID|
|Using Camtasia Relay for desktop captures.||
||Use the Camtasia Fuse App on your phone for on-the-spot recordings.|
FULL VERSIONS (Not Free)
These are the full-feature versions of Camtasia. These versions are not free. NU Online does not provide licenses to these versions. We’ve included these links here for informational purposes.
|CAMTASIA STUDIO (PC)
||CAMTASIA for MAC|
|Cost: $299 | Info
||Cost: $99 | Info
View our tips and tricks document for screen recording. (document)
Maintenance Contract Number: M1190888
Telephone: 877.205.7014 OR 517.381.2106 (U.S & Canada)
Time: 8 AM – 7 PM EST, Monday – Friday