9:00 am - 5:00 pm 90 Snell Library, Northeastern University
The NULab for Texts, Maps and Networks is happy to announce a day-long Omeka/Neatline workshop on Saturday, April 5, led by Core Faculty Member Ryan Cordell. This workshop will introduce participants to the Omeka digital archive software (omeka.org) and the Neatline geospatial exhibit building plugin (neatline.org). We will learn how to:
- • Decide whether an Omeka.net account or full Omeka installation is right for participants’ needs
- • Navigate the themes and plugins available for Omeka
- • Import items into Omeka and add robust metadata following Dublin Core Standards
- • Create collections of related items
- • Build basic online exhibits of items using Omeka’s Exhibit Builder plugin
- • Georeference historical maps for use in Neatline exhibits using Harvard’s Worldmap Warper tool
- • Create interactive geospatial and temporal exhibits using the Neatline plugin
The NULab will provide an Omeka installation for participants to use during the workshop. Participants who wish to may install their own instance of Omeka (http://omeka.org/) and Neatline (http://neatline.org/) prior to the workshop.
The cost of the workshop is $100, which will help offset the costs of hosting. Please register here before Friday, April 4.