Activities & Excursions
One of the goals of The N.U.in Program is to foster the development of a tightly-knit community. One avenue for community-building is programming, planned by both UCD and N.U.in staff. N.U.in International Student Advisors (ISAs) are involved in planning weekly, free or low-cost activities to encourage students to come together for some fun. Please note that the following are examples from past years, and that programming varies from year to year.
N.U.in-Sponsored Activities & Excursions
- Weekend in Sligo - Students stay at the Gyreum Ecolodge and explore the natural world while trying new experiences like surfing and paddleboarding. Check out the video above, made by our 2012 ISAs!
- Day Trip to Cork - While in Cork, students have the opportunity to visit the Blarney Castle and kiss the Blarney Stone!
- Kayaking on the Liffey - This is a unique opportunity to see Dublin by kayak on the River Liffey for an afternoon of exploration.
- Newgrange - Students explore mesolithic tombs olde rthan the pyramids and more mysterious than Stonehenge.
- Family Dinners - Students and staff gather together to have dinner at various places around Dublin.
UCD-Sponsored Activities & Excursions
- West of Ireland - This study tour brings students to see popular sites such as the Cliffs of Moher, the Aran Islands, Galway City, Connemara, and Kylemore Abbey.
- Viking Splash Tour - Viking era Dublin comes alive for students as they tour it by land and water.
- National Leprechaun Museum - Students becorme a part of the story as they explore Irish folklore.
- Howth - Students stroll along County Dublin's picturesque seaside cliffs and take time to stop by the local farmer's market.
- Northern Ireland - Another study tour takes students to the north to visit Giant's Causeway, the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, and the famous murals of Belfast & Londonderry.
- Rugby Match - Students are treated to a great seat at the Leinster vs. Zebre rugby game.