Activities & Excursions
One of the goals of The N.U.in Program is to foster the development of a tightly-knit community. One avenue for community-building is programming, planned by both FIE and N.U.in staff. N.U.in International Student Advisors (ISAs) are involved in planning weekly, free or low-cost activities to encourage students to come together for some fun. Please note that the following are examples from past years, and that programming varies from year to year.
N.U.in-Sponsored Activities & Excursions
- Weekend in Sligo - Students stay at the Gyreum Ecolodge and explore the natural world while trying new experiences like surfing and paddleboarding.
- Day Trip to Cork - While in Cork, students have the opportunity to visit the Blarney Castle and kiss the Blarney Stone!
- The Craic Factor - Students unleashed their hidden talents during this show put on at Blackhall Place.
- Kayaking on the Liffey - This was a unique opportunity to see Dublin by kayak on the River Liffey for an afternoon of exploration.
- The Harvest Festival - Many students enjoyed the chance to hear the High Kings play at the 4-day Harvest Festival in County Kildare.
- Family Dinners - Students and staff gather together to have dinner at various places around Dublin.
FIE-Sponsored Activities & Excursions
- West of Ireland - This study tour brought students to see popular sites such as the Cliffs of Moher, the Aran Islands, Galway City, Connemara, and Kylemore Abbey.
- Pitch n' Putt - Students had the chance to access some of Ireland's famous greens with this simpler version of golf.
- Tag Rugby - A great way for students to try their hand at an Irish sporting pastime, in a friendly, tag-version of Rugby.
- Bake Off - Students were welcomed to break out their culinary talents and compete in a head-to-head baking competition.
- Northern Ireland - Another study tour took students to the north to visit Giant's Causeway, the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, and the famous murals of Belfast & Londonderry.
- Rugby Match - Students were treated to a great seat at the Leinster vs. Zebre rugby game.