Activities & Excursions
One of the goals of The N.U.in Program is to foster the development of a tightly-knit community. One avenue for community-building is programming, planned by both ACT and N.U.in staff. N.U.in International Student Advisors (ISAs) are involved in planning weekly, free, or low-cost activities to encourage students to come together for some fun. Please note that the following are examples from past years, and that programming varies from year to year.
The following video was made by our 2013 ISAs as they documented their time in Greece!
N.U.in-ACT Co-sponsored Excursions
- Athens & Delphi – Students learn more about the area with a guided tour of the Delphi Museum and archaeological site before moving on to Athens, Greece's capital city.
- Halkidiki Beach/Mt. Athos – This overnight trip includes a boat tour of Mt. Athos, a beach party, and a visit to Petralona cave.
- Mount Olympus – Not only do students learn about Mt. Olympus, but they also hike to the top, on this 2-day, guided climb.
- Volos – Students can explore the many historic and archaeological sites while visiting this coastal city, just south of Thessaloniki.
- Meteora – This area of Greece is well-known for its extraordinary scenic cliffs and its history rooted in monastery tradition.
N.U.in ISA-planned Activities
- Thessaloniki Boat Cruise – Students see the city from a different perspective, and learn more about Thessaloniki as they settle in during the first week.
- Modiano Market – This traditional Greek market in Thessaoloniki gives students the opportunity to further explore Greek culture.
- Weekly Movie Nights – These nights allow students to get together outside of class and enjoy movies from different genres.
- Greek Baking Lessons – Students visit Moyzoyph Bakery for a lesson and tasting of traditional Greek desserts and pastries.
- Pozar Hot Springs - This beautiful destination offers thermal baths and pools that will help relieve any final exam stress.
- Family Dinners - Staff gathers with students in groups to have dinner, allowing them to experience more food options around Thessaoloniki.