Visas for England

Home > England > International Students > Visas for England

Citizens of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland

Participants traveling with a passport from the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland will NOT need to apply for a Tier 4 (General) Student visa. Nationals of EEA countries and Switzerland have permission to enter and volunteer in the UK without a visa. 

Citizens of All Other Countries (Those who do not hold a US or EU passport)
Non-US citizens holding a passport that is neither an EEA nor Swiss passport will have to apply for a Tier 4 (General) Student visa.  As visa requirements for each nationality vary, participants should check with their local British Consulate about visa requirements as soon as possible.

Citizens of a non-majority English speaking country will have to demonstrate a level of English proficiency equivalent to a "B2" in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) in each of the four components of language learning (reading, writing, listening and speaking). Please review this list of approved English language tests. Participants must include a copy of the original test certificate with their visa applications. See more information regarding the English language requirement.

For further information and guidance, we will have a Visa Guide from FIE available in April.