Activities & Excursions
One of the goals of The N.U.in Program is to foster the development of a tightly-knit community. One avenue for community-building is programming, planned by both FIE and N.U.in staff. N.U.in International Student Advisors (ISAs) are involved in planning weekly, free, or low-cost activities to encourage students to come together for some fun. Please note that the following are examples from past years, and that programming varies from year to year.
N.U.in-Sponsored Activities & Excursions
- Bath and Stonehenge – a day trip to visit the natural hot springs of Bath and the iconic prehistoric monument, Stonehenge
- Edinburgh, Scotland – students have the opportunity to explore the city and hike up to Arthur’s Seat to experience an incredible panoramic view of the city
- Chelsea Football Game – students see one of the UK’s most beloved teams in action
- Iron Chef Cooking Competition – using the cooking skills they develop over the semester, students go head to head in a cook-off
- Pumpkin Carving – students celebrate Halloween with a taste of home, decorating and carving pumpkins
- Ice Skating – as the weather turns cold, students venture to the Natural History Museum to enjoy outdoor skating
- Day Trip to Brighton – students escape to the seaport town of Brighton for a day of relaxed exploration of a different side of England
- London Eye Trip – students venture to this iconic London site to see a new and exciting view of the city
- The Beatles Walking Tour – a tour of the major Beatles sites, including the famous Abbey Road
N.U.in England courses use the city of London as a learning laboratory, and whenever possible get students into the multi-cultural and vibrant streets of London. Past N.U.in participants have visited places such as the Houses of Parliament, the Globe Theatre, and the British Museum.